I don't mean to start rumors here, but I suspect that my girlfriend, Yilin, likes me a lot.
I haven't been updating my blog as often as you would like, I am sure, because I have been working in lab quite a bit in preparation for my thesis committee meeting tomorrow afternoon. (Now, since I have mentioned it 3 times, I suppose I have no choice but to inform everyone of the outcome.) As a result, I haven't seen much of Yilin, or anybody outside of my lab and my roommate.
So imagine my delight when she offered to come all the way up to the nether-realm of Washington Heights (often affectionately referred to as the 'boondocks' of Manhattan) and make me dinner!!! Delightful it was: she made macaroni and cheese (from scratch), hamburgers (using aged ground beef from a steakhouse/butchershop in her neighborhood), and brussel sprouts prepared with garlic and butter. We topped dinner off with half a bottle of red wine. Mmm mmm! Isn't she the best?
In other news, my beard is coming along nicely. It is due for its first clean-up (neck, cheeks, etc) this weekend. I've got at least a third of an inch going. It will keep me nice and cozy while I bash away at ice with my axes 100' off the deck in freezing cold Vermont this February. :)
Let's get interactive since I have been out of touch lately. You, the reader, tell me what you would like to happen on Christmas Day. I will start:
I want to wake up to a foot of freshly fallen snow with 2 more on the way, big fat ice pouring off the cliffs and mountains of upstate New York and New England, and no school. ;)
Now it's your turn. Don't be shy. I know there are many lurkers here who do not post comments. Go ahead, grant me that instead of my actual Christmas wish.
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Mostly, I want my thesis to be finished, signed off, and my graduation assured.
Good luck on Friday. Bring your Ice Axes; they'll be less likely to give you shit.
I wish for a personal transportation device than can transport me from the west side to the east side of Manhattan in under 5 seconds.
some telemark skis would be cool, and a matrix-style learning method of using them.
A Christmas wish/want? I wish Iran's president would paint his face green and yellow, done a jester's cap, and dance on stage whilst holding a toy missile in one hand and an effegy of the West in another.... oh... wait... he's probably done that already.
I would like to see three feet of snow on the ground outside of my parents' house. In addition, I would like to see some of Santa's elves and reindeer playing in the snow. I would also like to eat some ham and mashed potatoes and get a present with a silver bow on it. Finally, I would like for my parents, my sister and I to dance around the living room to Motown Christmas carols (that happens every year anyways, so it would be nice if it continued).
Well, you see, last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day, you gave it away. This year to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.
*sigh*
Other than that, I would like to be able to run breathing through my mouth (since I can only breathe IN through my nose and OUT of my mouth in order to prevent asthmatic wheezing and gagging). I would also like to have more time as all work and no play makes hyunmi a dull girl.
Bring back my dead mice...oh, and a nice winter coat for Hama.
I would like to see Katie's wish come true. Then I would like to see some the elves throw things at her while she screams "stop! don't you know I'm scared of flying objects?!" After hearing this the elves will become maniacal and in their crazy mental state they will pull out switch blades and start attacking the reindeer while screaming "down with the horned devil horses!!!" Eventually Santa will calm them down and take control of the situation. Oh, but the best part of the night is yet to come. Katie and her family will sit down with Santa, the elves, and the surviving reindeer and they will all enjoy ham, mashed potatoes, and fresh venison.
and pepperoni...don;t forget the pepperoni
You better hope Santa doesn't see that Michael O. Halas! I bet Santa and the elves can really boogie to the Motown hits.
By the way, did you know that Katie has a hard time typing in the verification word in order to post. She said that her little eyes have a hard time seeing the letters...I think she is trying to make fun of me...that sneaky little hooch. Actually, she said it is the curvature that makes it difficult. Poor little Kathy.
jay, that would be a nice christmas present. i may have to alter mine... of course, me graduating in 2 weeks is like a little girl getting her own house...
mike, nobody cool ever goes east of central park west. unless they are in central park. but never on any street east of central park west. west siiide 4 life. ;)
vijay, the matrix-style learning of anything would be cool. three seconds of uploading and, "i know say 'cheese' in every language."
dan, i think you are correct. iran's president has done that before. i am pretty sure i saw it on 'the daily show' and jon stewart just shrugged and said, "aah" out of the side of his mouth.
katie. hasn't anyone ever told you that santa is a myth? he's like the wizard of oz. sure, the elves and flying reindeer are real, and actually do all the work. but the rotund man with long chin whiskers and a red coat? along with 'death by eating pop rocks and drinking coke at the same time', the stuff of urban legends.
hyunmi, last year you gave me a set of pint glasses. they are very cool and i would never give them away. i like your wish, and i will grant it for you. and the 'word verification' is not to prevent spam, but to prevent katie from posting comments on my blog! ha!
mike... i don't know where to begin... i will talk to one of my med school friends going into psychiatry and then i'll get back to you...
just kidding katie. please keep posting to my blog.
Post a Comment