Yes, what you've all been waiting for...
It went well. I should probably be happy that it was positive and they told me that I should aim to start writing within a year. However, I am a bit tired, emotionally and physically, after busting my butt for the past two weeks. I am sure that I will be happy come tomorrow. :)
In general, they told me that I should write up a plan, i.e. a list of experiments that I should try to get done in order to have a minimally publishable thesis. This plan should not depend on any experiments yielding useful data, only that they should be carried out. Sounds like major publication material in only the most well-regarded academic journals, huh? ;) Well it will be, naysayer!!!
So that's it in a nutshell. Now I am off to have dinner with my lovely girlfriend whom I have woefully been neglecting. Tomorrow night we will go see Handel's Messiah at the Riverside Church, and then it's the midnight express bus to Montreal!
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations! I'm sure you will be happier tomorrow, especially when you have some punch at the department Christmas party :)
Congrats Josh - now it is time to enjoy the holidays!
Congratulations!! Sounds like you will have your PhD by this time next year. I can't wait!
Hama is most proud of you!
But don't tell him I ate his Christmas chocolate.
Have a great time in Montreal.
Post a Comment