This weekend we got 26.9" (according to some weather guys in Central Park) of snow! Although it is the most snow dumped on NYC in a single storm in recorded history, and although I am immensely happy about it, I feel that it is too little too late. This does not make up for the 3rd warmest January in NYC history, or the total lack of solid precipitation this winter.
It was amusing watching people try to cope with the weather. If you were unaware, New Yorkers (as in New York City dwellers) are the weakest and most sensitive people on the planet. You know the fairy tale of the Princess and the Pea? Well, multiply that by 8 million people and you have New York City. A dusting of snow in a 5 mph breeze results in all kinds of bitching and moaning about how "horrible the weather is."
They are all lucky that I don't control the weather. If I did, it would be nonstop snow from November 1st to March 31st. Well, maybe it would let up for a day or two so that the sun could come out. It certainly would never get about freezing, however. Winter is supposed to be cold. When I grow up, I am going to live somewhere where winter is winter. (What an odd sentence, grammatically.) I am going to live somewhere that has only two seasons: winter and Winter. There will be so much snow that the only forms of travel will be snowshoe, back country skiing, or tunneling. It will be grand.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
"that the only forms of travel will be snowshoe, back country skiing, or tunneling." That sounds amazing.
In your world, Josh, I would be in perma-hybernation.
I want to live there too. We can build our cabins next to each other. I will also forsake cars, motorcycles, bicycles and even horses and ride around on a reindeer, my favorite animal.
Totally agree. Maybe not winter and Winter, but at least the part that January is supposed to be cold!! It threw me off when it was warm for 3 weeks. I hope this snow doesn't melt before I can get out snowshoeing this weekend. I'm heading north to VT, though, and they have no snow. Go figure.
Can I live in your igloo garage?
of course you are welcome to live in my igloo garage. in fact, that would be the warmest place as the sled dogs will sleep there.
Post a Comment