First off, it hasn't helped that Blogger has been very slow. (They have been updating the server that my blog is on.) But that is neither here nor there (I'm not sure what that phrase literally means, but everyone uses it).
It comes down to this: my advisor has decided not to apply for tenure. This means that he will have to leave the university. Of course, his "scheduled" departure date is after I plan on graduating, so it shouldn't affect me. However, why take a chance? Therefore, I am busting my butt to graduate 'on time.'
As a result, rugby has suffered, other hobbies have suffered, and blogging is suffering. I do plan on getting things more or less up and running; fewer updates, for sure, but updates nonetheless.
Quick recap: Easter was good. Yilin came to Connecticut, met my dad's side of the family. Or at least those who were there, and everyone had a good time. I ate a lot of food, and loved every single bite.
Yilin's parents were in town this past weekend. Her mom is still here, and today they are shopping.
(I said it would be a quick recap.)
I feel like I am forgetting to write something, so I won't worry about it. Instead, let me tell you to go see the movie "Snakes on a plane." It hasn't come out yet, but it will. It stars Samuel L. Jackson, which is reason enough to see any movie. But in a recent article in "Life", Mr. Jackson reveals to us that the movie was directly influenced by people posting on the internet. The movie went from a PG-13 movie with no violence, nudity, or F-Bombs, to an R-rated gorefest with plenty of T&A. (Ok, so I am exaggerating a bit.) How did this happen? People read leaked copies of the script, posted suggestions to the director, and he listened!
Amazing. But even more amazing is this: People posted fake movie posters, trailers, and began selling merchandise! (The director himself bought $1000 of fake merchandise.) One particular line in one of the fake trailers actually made it into the movie!
I am sick and tired of these motherf---ing snakes on
this motherf---ing plane!
(Guess who says that?)
Anyway, the fact that the public had input on a movie while it was being made is awesome enough to warrant seeing it.

2 comments:
oh. i saw one of those clips and thought it was for a completely fake movie...
Samual L Jackson ~ Snakes on the PLANE!!!
http://www.worstpreviews.com/review.php?id=21&source=imdb1
Post a Comment