Most people blog about things that they experience, encounters they have, or people/events that they have heard about. I thought about this and wondered, "Why?" Therefore, I am dedicating this post to blogging about things that I have not yet experienced, encounters I have yet to be part of, and people or events I haven't even heard about.
Thus, the experiment of prognosticative blogging is born. Of course, it comes in many flavors.
1. Short term safe assumptions
Today will be an interesting day. After a slow start in the morning, my experiments will require much more attention. Tonight I will relax at home and do some reading before I meet Yilin once she gets out of class.
2. Random chance occurences
When I go home today, I will see a delivery man on a bicycle get hit by a car. It will be terrible. I will try to help him, and call 911.
3. Unrelated people/events
You will hear a story about a man in Oregon who found a giant squid washed up on shore, much larger than any specimen previously documented by scientists. There will be a number of photos with the news story here.
4. Wildest dreams come true
I will be walking home today and run into Jackie Chan and Jet Li filming a movie in Washington Heights called "Kung Fu Justice in the 'Hood". When I walk by, the directorial tagteam of Ang Lee and John Woo will spot me and ask me to play a minor role. I will get to fly to Hong Kong for the premiere.
5. Are you on drugs?
A freak storm with green clouds will tear in over the Hudson River from New Jersey, raining down frogs and purple octopi. The earth will split open and a seven-armed man will crawl forth, with a sword as a tongue and explosions for eyes. Buildings will melt all around me, and I will be swimming in a thick sky of blue dandelions, bumping into the rock hard clouds as I float away.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
1. Reading is good. I am so far behind with my reading and now that we get National Geographic at home, I'm in big trouble.
2.Make sure you have a Bic pen so you can further help him by using it to perform an emergency tracheotomy. I'm guessing it is going to be a Chinese delivery man since they don't wear helmets while the Dominos guys do.
3. Squids...they are really smrt.
4. What if they asked you to play the role of a lady?
5. I think that passage is from Dianetics.
L Ron Hubbard!!!!!!!!!!!
or as I like to call him "ELROND"
Apparently the drugs are pretty high octane in NYC.
where do you think crack was invented?
It must be really hard to see, if you've got explosions for eyes. A sword for a tongue could be really convenient, for eating steak or somethin. Kindof like having a... (wait for it)... a forked tongue!
padum pun.
Post a Comment