Yilin and I drove up to Montreal this past weekend not only for Thanksgiving (Canada holds it the Sunday of our Columbus Day weekend), but also for the Moon Festival, and because her aunt and uncle were in town.
Driving to and from wasn't too bad; we made decent time and traffic was ok. New Jersey is the worst place to ever drive and I am sorry to say, but it is my least favorite state thus far. I suppose it is possible that I could dislike another state more, as I have only really been to 15 for an appreciable amount of time. That leaves 35 states that have the potential to be worse than New Jersey, in my opinion. But I digress.
Saturday we met up with the reverend who will be marrying us. We had a nice conversation, and he recommended a book on married life. (We will be buying and reading that in the near future.) He's a great guy, and didn't make us feel awkward or uncomfortable at all. I mention that because I have heard some horror stories from friends about meeting with the priest/reverend/minister beforehand...
Afterward we all had a nice dinner which Yilin, Siska (Yilin's mom), and Yen-I (Yilin's brother) prepared.
Sunday we went to visit some friends of my future in-laws for another great meal. They have a cottage on a lake, so we got to canoe for a bit and relax by the water. All-in-all a good day and a great way to finish a fun weekend.
Tonight Yilin has some sort of birthday surprise for me, even though my birthday is more than 2 weeks away. It seems very mysterious...
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
New Jersey is the best state to drive in, Josh. And that's all there is to it. Y'hear?
Post a Comment