Since I turn 30 ripe old years of age this Friday, today marks Day 1 of Birthday Week! Woohoo!
On Saturday my parents visited and brought me possibly the best birthday present I could ever ask for upon turning 30: an entire cooler full of meat! Filet mignons, tenderloins, roasts, etc, etc. Our freezer was full of meat! My mom also brought me a loaf of her excellent zucchini bread. That night Yilin cooked up the filet mignon, and we had potatos, too! (We never have potatos.) It was fantastic.
Yesterday, Yilin was in the kitchen for about 6 hours. I wasn't allowed in there, but it smelled good. I don't know what she was doing, but she said that it was for birthday week, so I'll let you know when I find out.
Oh yeah, the day after I posted about "Finishing the Game", Yilin and I went to see it. It was pretty good. There were a few parts that were serious, and had character development, which I could have done without. I mean, the movie is obviously a spoof, so they didn't have to try to fool the audience into thinking it was real, ala "The Blair Witch Project". They should've just kept it silly and ridiculous throughout. Despite that criticism, I highly recommend seeing it because there are some absolutely hysterical parts. (You'll only be able to see it on DVD now, I think, as it was only showing in NYC and LA and it's no longer showing in NYC.)
Now to finish my thesis! (Today is the day, basically.)
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh man. The combination of your parents and Yilin equals a force, so amazing, that I think it makes me speechless.
I can't wait to turn 30 if this is what 30 means.
Post a Comment