This morning I had a 30 minute interview with a consulting firm that specializes in the life sciences. Afterward I began my first day of work at the client site. I signed about 300 NDAs (non-disclosure agreements), so I can't tell you anything about it, except that so far it is going well. (Oh yeah, I watched a 20-something minute video about insider trading and how I could go to jail even for making innocuous statements about confidential company information.)
Technically I am a subcontractor for the consulting firm (whose name I cannot disclose because of an NDA and the terms of my contract), and this job will last for roughly the summer. I was told that if I do a good job I could get other work through this consulting firm, or even be taken on as a full-time employee. That would rock. Especially since they're paying me at a pretty good rate (but no benefits like health or dental), and only expect me to work 40 hours a week. I spoke to two other consultants I'm working with who are full-time employees of the consulting firm and I got the impression that they always work 40-hour weeks. And here I was expecting to work 80+ hours a week for a decent salary.
Wait a minute, I do get one benefit: free lunch! Ha!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment