I've been working hard this weekend and last week, so my blog posts have suffered. I will try to keep it updated, as well as post more photos (I've had requests).
This weekend was nice. I got a lot done in lab (which felt good), and got to see Yilin (which was better). She had a bit of a cold, so I tried to take care of her while I wasn't working (cook for her, get her medicine, things like that). We didn't do much else worth mentioning right now.
Until next time, listen to this. It is an mp3 of Dr. Martin Luther King's speech in Washington D.C.; the famous "I have a dream" speech. I think it is perhaps the best speech I have ever heard; certainly one of the most stirring. Beware, however, that the mp3 is about 17 megabytes, as it is a 16 minute speech. So, download it and plug your headphones in while you sit in your cubicle and... Oh wait, nobody else is working today because it is a national holiday. Silly me. (I will leave the mp3 up for a week or so, but I will have to take it down as I don't really have web hosting.)
Rock on.
(News flash: Check out Katie's blog aka My Favorite Fantazy for info on the most ridiculous half marathon time ever, which was run this weekend. It's unreal.)
(Newer News Flash: check out this post on Dan's blog. Hilarious. I knew there was a good reason why he is writing the Great American Novel.)
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh but you are wrong...this once. Only this once. You are NOT the only person working today. I am here...sitting in my cubicle...wishing I had today off as well. And I live in GA - home of the King Center and his final resting place!!! Go figure! Argh!
i don't think i've ever heard the whole thing... if you need space to host it, i'm sure me or mike could do it, indefinitely, or at least for longer than a week.
thanks for the link. I'm glad you liked it. It seems, anyway, people are finding it funnier than I thought it was. Which is nice. ;o)
(The Word Verification says: tefiu. Sounds like a combo Saran Wrap/Tissue product. Comes in boxes, 100 sheets. Can be used to blow noses, clean baby bottoms, or wrap leftovers. But not at the same time.)
Post a Comment