The title of this post basically describes my life at this point, and for the past 3 weeks. Yesterday was the shortest working day I've had in that time, at a mere 10 hours in lab. (Not counting the day my parents visited a week ago.) Most lab days have been 12 hours, with a few 14-hour days, and even one 15-hour day. I know you are jealous.
Yesterday Yilin and I spent a few hours putting together our menus and programs for the wedding. They came out looking nice. The biggest fiasco was getting the printer to bleed (print off of the edge, i.e., no border). But we did it.
And speaking of my lovely fiance, let me point out that exactly 2 years ago today we met, and exactly one year ago today I proposed. Unfortunately for me, she did not choose to get married on April 30th, so I'll have to remember two dates now instead of one.
Not much else to say, except that I am in the home stretch.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Those are long work days. It sounds like an endurance event. You should probably use power gels and fancy synthetic clothes to make it through work days like that. Perhaps your lab could set up water mist stations and tables covered in cups of Gatorade. Good luck with rest of the race.
haha. we have an eyewash station which is a hose with an attachment that sprays water in two shower-like streams. the two streams are the distance apart of your eyes. in fact, it's a lot like a garden hose; it even has a trigger to start spraying. i used it once for fun just to see how effective it might be, and i got thoroughly soaked.
thanks for the luck, and i'll throw some right back at you: good luck on your finals!
Good luck with your work and congrats on the two year anniversary. Will there by any celebrating tonight? A Maelstrom of Malecon perhaps?
:) no, we went to el malecon on saturday night. i can't get enough of that yummy rotisserie stuff!
Congratulations on the 2 year anniversary!
You geneticists -- you really inspire me to not complain about working hard. You amaze, with your work habits. Amaze and inspire. Perhaps, in addition to it being a Maelstrom of Chaos, it can also be a Vortex of Inspiration!
Or, y'know, not. It's late.
Oh man! Can I be your cheerleader? Did you know that my childhood dream was to become a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader? I even had the whole outfit, a mega phone, pom poms, and a 8x10 glossy of the entire cheerleading team in 1985.
I will come to your lab, or follow you around and cheer as you finish those last few yards for a touchdown.
Man, lab work stinks...It never ends. This really is the Never Ending story. Princess Moonchild is nothing compared to the PhD experience.
Hyunmi, the end of your comment (the part referring to Princess Moonchild) is perhaps the best comment I've ever read on a blog, in terms of my personal amusement. "Bastian... Please! All you have to do is say my name"...and run my RT-PCRs.
you got that song stuck in my head now, y'know.
Post a Comment