After Chumley's, we were walking towards her place when she said, "I want to go in here." 'Here' being 'Magnolia Bakery.' She bought me a slice of red velvet cake and then, as we stood outside, she whipped out a pack of candles and matches and lit up my birthday cake. I had to laugh at the situation. Despite the wind, we managed to get it lit and I made my obligatory birthday wish as I blew out the candles. We then proceeded to her place to eat the cake.
After about my third bite of cake she dashes off into her room. All I hear is rustling coming from her closet and then she appears, laughing, with two large boxes. Despite my protests, she had gotten me presents. I tore into them to discover an olive green, light weight, fine merino wool sweater. (She somehow seems to know what sort of colors I like.) I then proceeded to open the second box, which contained a brown corduroy sport coat with brown leather buttons and patches on the elbows. The jacket is lined with flannel, as well.
I put on the sweater and jacket and remarked how I felt like a professor, to which she replied that she thought of that when she was buying it. Yilin then kept telling me how handsome I looked, how nice the clothes fit me, and how handsome I looked. (Note to self: This may be some sort of subtle hint about how I should dress. Think it over.) I really like the sweater, and the jacket is definitely nice for dressier occasions. At the rate with which she has been shopping with me, or outright buying me clothes, I may have an entirely new wardrobe soon. ;)I must say that I had an excellent birthday evening. Yilin did everything right.
You can see a slideshow of photos here on my photography page. Check them out!
5 comments:
It sounds as though Yilin always does everything right...she is a remarkable young woman. Your birthday so far has been just awesome.
She is good. Of course, when it's her birthday, you have your work cut out for you. Better start preparing now.
Why, it's "Professor Josh"....how stunning in his corduroy jacket on a fall day! Looking good! Nice choice Yilin on the clothes.
I like the pictures. I hear Yilin is coming home for Thanksgiving, that's good news.
Yeah, she has good taste in clothes. Jay, the rumors are true: she will be going to mom & dad's for the duration of the long Thanksgiving weekend. We'll see how much of our family she can handle. HAHAHA!
Post a Comment