I think my fingers are getting larger. By 'larger' I don't mean 'longer', but just 'thicker'. While my mom was visiting I was twice thwarted in holding a tea cup by putting the tip of my index finger into the handle. Two different tea cups at two different restaurants would not allow the last phalange to grip the handle from the inside. I had to hold them like Japanese tea cups.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but my mom and Yilin both witnessed it, and both were stupefied by the situation. Granted, I would say that the handles were on the small side, but they were ordinary tea cups. I know that fingers can continue to grow thicker, particularly when subjected to frequent repetitive labor, like fixing motorcycle engines or even rock climbing. But I haven't been doing much of either recently. I guess I am just getting older. Or delusional. You decide.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Josh,
I must say that after spending most of my days reading lackluster adolescent writing, it was quite refreshing to read your blog entries. They're very...you. I also couldn't help but notice that most of your entries revolve around two of your favorite things: food...and Yilin. What could make a man happier? I'm looking forward to meeting the woman who's turning you into quite a dapper dan...and a mushy one at that!
Pitons.
thanks jill. although, i am not certain my writing is above adolescent. and i didn't realize how often i write about yilin until you pointed it out. i am going to have to stop writing about her so much; it might go to her head. ;)
jay: unbendable pitons of mighty force. or soon they will be...
Post a Comment