There was an interesting piece of news that I noticed yesterday. Namely, a 25 year-old Chinese woman killed her husband with a sword because he refused to cook her dinner.
She says it was an accident. If that is true, then it sucks to be her (although it may suck more to be him): no guy in his right mind would ever marry her now. At 25 she is a spinster for life.
As far as I know, Yilin doesn't own any swords, but I haven't thoroughly checked her apartment. I will do that today while she is at work. ;) Naturally, any martial arts weapon will raise a red flag. It's not like I would be digging through drawers and say, "Clothes, clothes, clothes... Nunchakus, clothes, clothes. Phew! No swords here!" (I realize that nunchakus are Japanese, and that not all Chinese people know kung fu, although the Boxer Rebellion would suggest differently.)
I think I am safe for now. I suppose that once I get married I will really have to start worrying. Then she will have me trapped and I will be unable to escape spousal abuse. Perhaps I will buy swords of my own...
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
you are clear on the weapons front...just make sure Yilin doesn't befirend Chuck Norris
Martial arts weapons are not red flags! They should be signs of awe and respect. After all, wouldn't you be seriously impressed if she could throw around those nunchakus as gracefully and swiftly as a ribbon dancer?
In addition, if she was a Ninja, there may be no indication of this other than lots of black somewhat stretchy clothes. AND I am pretty sure she may have some of these.
Ninjas are awesome. I once told my dad I wanted to be a ninja and he had the look of utmost respect for me.
You are right,she has no swords, no chinese kung fu.....but I know she has a "secret weapon"which can trap you forever.
siska
The article you linked to has this to say: that she "had often forced her husband of three years at swordpoint to carry out her demands."
I mean, this guy surely knew what was going to happen to him when he refused to cook her dinner.
I agree with Jay. He made up his mind before he refused. 3 years of hard labor at sword point...I'm going to have to make sure Lindsey isn't hiding a Beretta (only Italian weapon I could think of) for the day I refuse to do her bidding.
I'd really only be worried if I found a stash of shuriken. Cos really, who doesn't own a sword or three? I have two or three sharp-enough large daggers lying around my room, and this pair of African "instruments" that could easily be used to bludgeon a squirrel to death.
Also, if she was ninja, it would make great smalltalk at parties--you'd always have something to talk about if conversation died down. "So my wife was hurtling over your rooftops the other day and guess what she saw..."
Lastly, Hyunmi's comment made me think how much better Memoirs of a Geisha would have been if it was Memoirs of a Ninja instead ("You will become... Ninja!")
yeah, memoirs of a ninja, i agree.
ZZ-Tops could've so put a smack down on everyone in that movie.
Post a Comment