Thursday, June 08, 2006

What happened to me?

As I may or may not have mentioned, Yilin is in Paris with her mom. They left on Friday and are scheduled to return Tuesday next week. As such, I am free! Ha ha!

This past weekend seemed rather different, being a free man. I walked around Central Park and shot a roll of film (yet to be developed), went climbing at the 'Gunks with Rob, Claire, Eric, and Colleen, and of course went to Claude's. However, as much as I enjoy these activities, something seemed amiss.

This week I have been working, doing some leisurely reading (a while since I have had that opportunity), watching some crap on TV. I went and saw "The Omen" opening night with Katie, had dinner with Hyunmi and Katie last night, and just been bumming around.

I have come to the realization that I miss Yilin greatly. I can't believe I am even saying something like this on my blog, but it's true. It's all I have been thinking about the past few days. As such, there really is nothing else for me to talk about here.

Except the World Cup, which starts tomorrow. :)

I am fairly confident that I have figured out a way to watch the games on my computer. There is a peer-to-peer (aka p2p) TV program called 'TVAnts' that allows users to watch digital television feeds over the internet. Like any p2p program, the more people watching a channel, the better your streaming connection. As many of the channels are international (China mostly, but from all over), it will be a matter of looking to see which is the most watched channel during one of the World Cup matches and tuning in.

Why do I say "most watched channel"? Because it is estimated that 3.5 billion people will be watching the final. That's over half the population of the entire world. Think about it: more than 1:2 people will be watching the same event at the same time, glued to television sets everywhere. Amazing.

So, in the grief that accompanies the absence of my betrothed, I will drown my sorrows in soccer and beer tomorrow at noon, cheering loudly as Germany drubs Costa Rica.

No comments: