That was a quote from a very very bad ninja movie I once saw. There is a scene in which a ninja has his head severed by a non-ninja, yet the head floats after the attacker to kill him. Seriously.
I read this article almost 2 months ago, but figured everyone here would be so interested since you all love ninjas more than your mothers. It's about how the 'last ninja' will choose his successor sometime soon.
The article also details one student's quest to earn his fifth level. The challenge? He must kneel with his head on the ground, eyes closed, and dodge a sword attack directed at his head. Who holds the sword? The Grand Master himself.
If that is all it takes to achieve fifth level, then I have lost respect for ninja. I was able to dodge sword attacks while bound with electrical tape and blindfolded at the age of 3. And not just one sword attack; fifteen. From 6 men, all at the same time. And I grew up to be a scientist, not a stealthy assassin. Amateurs.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am disappointed.
I'd like to think ninjas are born, then trained with a small group in the woods to hone their innate skills. If you fail you test, you are asked to respectfully leave the clan or you are killed. You are so shamed that the possibility of trying again for you ninja title makes you further ashamed of yourself.
There should be no multiple tries for ninja-hood.
"Most Japanese are exposed to martial arts in school. But the number practicing judo has been declining since the 1980s as more people turn to Western sports like golf and tennis."
That's pretty damn pathetic. Or just plain sad.
I had no idea ninjitsu was Japanese. For some reason I always thought it was Chinese.
Post a Comment