Tuesday, June 13, 2006

She's Back!

Yilin and her mom (perhaps I should say 'my future mom') have returned from Paris. Their plane was delayed, but that was the only snag in the their voyage back to NYC. I made them dinner, and had it waiting for their arrival at Yilin's apartment. We ate, they told me about Paris, showed me some photos, showed me stuff that they bought, and they even gave me gifts!

I was surprised when Yilin gave me a gift: a Netherlands soccer jersey! Bright orange, baby. It's not particularly Parisian, but it's a lot easier to get in Europe than it is in the US. I don't think she should've spent that much money on me, especially since she felt that she should've bought more than one pair of shoes there. However, I think it was a much wiser use of Euros than a pair of shoes, regardless who gets to wear it. (If you don't know, the Dutch won their first match, and as far as I am concerned, will win the rest of them!)

Also, I was even more surprised when Siska (Yilin's mom) gave me a gift. That I was not expecting at all. She bought me a watch, something that I don't have. (Well, I have a wristbandless digital watch that was purchased in Chinatown for $5 over 6 years ago, which occasionally works and accompanies me on hikes.) It's a big, stylish Diesel watch. This morning, I put it on while getting dressed, and felt ashamed of wearing a t-shirt with it as it is too nice a watch to be worn with a t-shirt.

Alas, I suppose this means that I will have to start wearing shirts other than t-shirts.

Nah. ;)

2 comments:

dan said...

When I got my emporio watch I felt weird, because up till then I'd only worn watches with leather bands and this one was really nice, stylin burnished metal. I thought it looked to fancy with everything I wore, no matter what I wore. After a few days, however, I realized: it's a watch. It goes with t-shirts. I goes with cufflings. It just goes.

Unless the battery runs out.

Why are you such a Netherlands fan? Soon the Netherlands will be no more, when the planet floods, and then your orange shirt will be hugely collectible.

hkim said...

Nice!

Wear the watch without a shirt. That way you can really show off the watch and look super classy at the same time.

I always wear my dirty timex digital watch all the time. I have no other watch and yes, it looks ridiculous with my engagement ring. Hence, I don't wear my engagement ring. I had the watch on when I was in my wedding dress and the photographer was kind enough to remind me to take it off.